Friday, April 1, 2022

“Waiting for God” with RC Sproul!

 


A great inspired advice given by RC Sproul! Can’t argue with that. Just to show that I don’t disagree with everything that he said. He wasn’t wrong about everything. He was only wrong in his Calvinism, and the Calvinistic theology that he espoused. When he was being strictly biblical, detached from the errors of his Calvinism, he was generally right. The above is a great spiritual advice that I would recommend to anyone. Here is the transcript:


“Do you ever find it difficult to wait for God? To live your life on the basis of trusting His promises? This may sound trite to you, but it is all the difference in the world between believing in God, and believing God. True faith, the Christian faith, is not about believing that God exists; but it has to do with believing God; living your life on the basis of trusting in the promises that He has made. Because where the crunch comes in our life is where we seek our own happiness and our own satisfaction right here, right now, in ways that deny our trust in God’s way. Rather than wait for the promise of felicity and joy that He gives to those who trust in Him and who obey Him, we say, ‘I can’t see Him. Where is my God? I will seek my own way for happiness and fulfillment. I want it now. I want it here. I just can’t wait for it.’ But the Word of God says, ‘Though it tarries, wait for it.’ That’s what men and women of faith do.”


You can’t go far wrong by following that advice. RC Sproul was a very able and gifted theologian, and very knowledgeable about many things. It is a pity that he wasted so much of his talent on the heresy of Calvinism. He could have accomplished far more if he hadn’t. I am sure he is now learning to do a lot better!


No comments: