Friday, June 24, 2022

More Interesting Comments by James White

 


This is another short video, the full transcript of which is as follows:


“Who is Jesus? He is the I AM who can say, ‘I tell you beforehand, so that when it does happen, you may believe that I AM’. He is the incarnate one. He is the Son of God entered into flesh; and therefore when he speaks of the future, he can speak of the future from the confidence of who he is; as the God who spoke in Isaiah 43, who spoke in Isaiah 41, and specifically challenged the false gods: ‘Tell us what is going to happen in the future, and tell us what happened in the past, and why it happened’. Only God can give that challenge.”


Agreed! But that only tells half of the story, not all of it. When Jesus identified himself as divine, the incarnate “I AM” (John 8:58; 10:30); and the Jews were offended, and tried to stone him (John 8:59; 10:31); Jesus gave the following response:


John 10:


32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?


So Jesus’ answer to the charge of blasphemy, for identifying himself as divine, is basically that, it is a potential which belongs to everybody, not just to him. All mankind have the potential to become divine as he is (which is also affirmed in John 17:20-23; 1 John 3:2-3; 2 Peter 1:3-4). So what is James White’s answer to that? I am giving him a lot to think about. I hope he is grateful for that! 😀


No comments: